Sunday, July 26, 2009

Squash quandry

I bought these summer squash/zucchini at the market this morning, more for aesthetic reasons than anything else. Don't they look cute in my little yellow bowl? Now I'll just have to find something to do with them. I'll likely look here for inspiration.

Here are some other things I've been eating or cooking this past week.


A row of candy cane beets, all salt, peppered and oiled and ready for a roast in the oven.

A bowl full of cherries straight from Beamsville, ON. They looked a lot better than they tasted, I have to say. Blame the sunless summer for these not-so-sweet beauties.

And a pan full of purple beans ready to simmer, which by the way, turn green after they're cooked. Mother Nature FAIL!
Anyway, I'm pretty sure I can check off the "colourful vegetables" box for my diet this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment