Thursday, July 16, 2009

Raspberry cake redo!

Let me just say that it really, really bugs me when a recipe doesn't turn out right. I never thought of myself as a perfectionist, but maybe I am when it comes to cooking. Ever since I baked the cake for the first time on the weekend, I've been thinking about what I did wrong. Was it the too-small pan? Did I mess up the ingredients? Was the oven not at the right temperature?

Seriously, even when I was supposed to be concentrating on pigs, I was thinking about this damn recipe!

So I bought another pint of raspberries tonight and made the cake again to take into work, and... success!

This time I baked it in a 9-inch ceramic pie plate, which I wasn't entirely sure would work. But it seems to have done the trick. And the berries somehow stayed suspended in the cake -- bonus!

The batter seemed thicker somehow tonight, so I'm thinking I maybe added too much buttermilk the last time around? Need to pay more attention to what I'm doing!


Tonight's cake. Ta da!

And might I just add, that I made this cake for the first time on the weekend, then blogged about it. And then Martha Stewart's daughter made the cake and wrote about it on her blog. I think she's copying me.

No comments:

Post a Comment