Sunday, June 7, 2009

Art in the Park

This weekend was Art in the Park in the Glebe. The event underwent a name change this year, and is now a juried show, called the New Art Festival.

It's always nice way to spend a weekend morning, and this year was no exception. The weather was cooperative, even if the mosquitos weren't.

Here's a sampling of what was on offer.



A crazy bug bike. Doesn't look too comfortable.


Folk art.....decapitated! (My photography skills are awesome, aren't they?)


This is the work of Neil Young (not the singer!) an Ottawa-born artist now living in Toronto. Up until a few months ago, he was working as an architect, but recently quit to pursue his dream of art full time. He creates pieces using paint, material, photographs and covers them in resin. The red piece above is titled Crimson and it was sold to someone I know.


And here's the one I bought, called Fresh. It's a very happy painting! Now I just have to find a spot to hang it....

1 comment:

  1. You're a sneaky photog, Miss J. But I'm used to having the papparazzi follow my every move.

    You should have gotten one of Hustle and Flo with me!

    Did you secure them as your new GHs for summer '09?

    ReplyDelete