Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Muffin tops

I've been making these muffins with some regularity for the last little while. They're really yummy, and freeze well, which means they're great for packing in lunches.



Here are the ingredients all set and ready to go. Clockwise they're the dry ingredients, with pear chunks on top, wet ingredients (including yogurt) and the crumbly topping.

I can't say it's the least fussy recipe ever, but the time spent is worth it. I like the addtion of the pears, and I've used rock hard ones straight from the grocery store, and squishy soft ones that have been lounging in my fruit bowl for a few days. Can't say it makes a difference -- so whatever you've got, use 'em!

One tip for the topping: the recipe says you can either use the granola/butter/sugar mix for the topping, or just plain granola. Go for the addition of the butter and sugar for a better texture.

I use this granola, in case you're interested.



And here they are all ready for the oven.

But my picture of the finished product didn't turn out, so you'll have to take my word that they're good! Can't wait to try them with peaches this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment