Sunday, May 3, 2009

In a spring 'frame' of mind

I bought two prints when I was in Cuba and I finally got them framed.




I like that they're kinda weird dudes with fruit on their heads. These came from a street market in Havana that we stumbled on about 20 minutes before we were supposed to meet our bus to get back to the resort. Most of the market was crafts -- the cigar box, coconut shell, fishbone jewellery variety that we saw pretty much everywhere. In other words, crap. But the last row of this outdoor market was chock-a-block full of awesome art. Most of it was really colourful acrylic stuff that was fun, but not really my cup of tea. But some of it was really, really cool. I only wish that we'd bypassed the other stuff sooner and spent what little time we had looking more at the paintings and sculptures, as I suspect I could have come home with more than these little prints. Ah well, they'll have to serve as my memories for now, and if I ever go back, I'll know better where to go.

'Twas a lovely spring weekend here. I spent most of this afternoon looking at houses and condos on the old 'open house' circuit. Exhausting! But the sunshine and warm weather made up for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment