Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rock me amaryllis



Greetings Falco fans!

There's little point to this post other than to gloat about my very lazy green thumb skills.

Above is the amaryllis currently in bloom in my living room. I bought the bulb back in October, potted it, and it bloomed nicely at Christmas. The flower and stalk died in early January. The bulb then sat in my dining room's south-facing window with no water until about a week ago, when I noticed another shoot and blooms emerging from the pot. With very little help, save for a bit of H20, these flowers appeared a few days ago. Not bad for absolutely no effort, huh?

So next year, go out and buy yourself an amaryllis bulb. They're about $8 and they're "blooming" good value (I even made myself groan at that one).

No comments:

Post a Comment