Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A June garden

For the past few weeks I've been having fun watching my garden come to life. The backyard is now a riot of colour, thanks in part to the grove of foxgloves that have sprung up. It's a sea of purple and pink beside my garage, and the bees are having a field day.



This is the bush/vines growing in the back corner of my lot. Not sure what this is, but it grows very quickly.



And I have roses in the front and the back. These ones are growing by the back door. They make the green bin look good at least!

My house is now full of flowers as I've managed to utilize almost every vase and vessel I have. These lupins are growing beside my house. I picked them once, but never again! They were full of wee spiders!


So they were quickly replaced with some roses. Fewer spiders, but not much smell unfortunately.

That's it for now. Check back next week to see what's blooming then!

No comments:

Post a Comment